Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 168 (CHI)
- A smooth mover and covers a lot of ground, working hard to mirror rushers; agile and keeps his feet moving.
- Tall, long, athletic pass protector. Generally gets out of three-point stance with good knee bend and a wide base.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
Braxton Jones percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Braxton Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank