- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Looks the part with a strong, long frame with good arm length. Fluid and flexible athlete with agile footwork and explosive get-off quickness.
- Flashes closing speed and agility to reach passers from the blind side or up the middle before they can escape.
- Displays nice agility and awareness in coverage. Has the size and speed to be effective rushing the passer.
- Good quickness to attack ballcarriers when playing near the line. Breaks down and wraps legs to make the stop.
- Good closing speed with long arms to drag down quarterbacks and running backs.
- Height leaves him susceptible to cut blocks he must learn to defeat with his hands.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Builds to top speed and must take the right line to beat backs to the edge.
How other scouting services rate Sam Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank