Draft Profile: BioT.J. Bass from Mt. Baker High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Bass opted to join Oregon.
In 2020 as a freshman Bass saw action in 7 games and played on a total of 386 snaps for the Ducks. He allowed 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 14 games and a total of 931 snaps. He conceded 12 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left tackle, and the rest at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
How other scouting services rate T.J. Bass (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank