Draft Profile: BioChris Rodriguez Jr. from Ola High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Rodriguez Jr. opted to join Kentucky.
In 2018 as a freshman Rodriguez Jr. saw action in 2 games for the Wildcats as he ran for 43 yards on 2 attempts for an average of 21.5 yards per carry, with no TDs, and no fumbles. As a receiver he made no receptions for no yards.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 12 games. and rushed for 533 yards on 71 carries for an average of 7.5 ypc, with 6 TDs, and 2 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in one reception for 6 yards.
In 2020 as a junior Rodriguez Jr. saw action in 9 games for the Wildcats. He ran for 785 yards on 119 attempts for an average of 6.6 ypc, with 11 TDs, and no fumbles. As a receiver he made one reception for 12 yards.
As a senior in 2021 he played in 13 games and ran for 1377 yards on 224 carries for an average of 6.1 ypc, with 9 TDs, and 6 fumbles. In the passing game he had 13 receptions for 61 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Very physical runner; keeps his legs churning on contact. Rarely goes down with the first hit. Lowers shoulder into defenders and shows pure determination with natural running skills to break free and stiff-arm and spin move to dodge tacklers.
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
- Has good burst to and through the hole. A patient runner with good vision and burst for the cutback. Squares his shoulders and can knock the defender back onto his heels. Good leg drive and forward lean to gain extra yardage after contact.
- A downhill runner who picks up momentum as he goes and does a nice job absorbing contact between the tackles - physical with good pad level.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Loses momentum when he gears down to change direction and it takes him a few steps to accelerate back to full speed. Appears indecisive; will dance too much at the line of scrimmage. Lacks natural playmaking ability.
How other scouting services rate Chris Rodriguez Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank