Draft Profile: BioEku Leota from Asheville High School was rated a After high school, Leota joined Northwestern.
In 2018 as a freshman Leota saw action in just one game and played a total of 5 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Wildcats in 2019 Leota played in 10 games and took part in 242 snaps for the Wildcats. He recorded just 8 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 16 total pressures, and 7 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Leota played in 8 games and contributed on 274 snaps. He recorded just 7 tackles, 2 assists while making 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 24 total pressures, which included 15 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the year.
After season's end Leota transferred to Auburn where as a senior for the Tigers in 2021 Leota played 13 games and took part in 501 snaps for the Tigers. He also added 16 tackles, 3 assists, and 20 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 34 total pressures, which included 19 QB hurries, 6 QB hits, and an excellent 9 sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Leota logged playing time in 5 games and logged a total of 244 snaps for the Tigers. He also added 12 tackles, 4 assists, and 15 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 18 total pressures, which included 10 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Leota has an excellent motor and shows the stamina to last deep into the fourth quarter.
- As a pass rusher, Leota shows quickness off the line and has the fluid athleticism and flexibility to bend the edge.
- Faces double-team and holds the line. Stays alive against the run and mobile quarterbacks, shedding to either side to chase.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- Leota has ideal length as an edge rusher, with room to add more weight onto his frame.
- He’s effective as an edge setter, showing the ability to drop anchor and ward off blocks.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Leota also shows some stiffness when trying to bend the edge, often getting pushed past the pocket — Leota seems more comfortable countering back inside.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Leota doesn’t move well laterally and doesn’t have a lot of range when it comes to pursuing on the backside.
Eku Leota percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Eku Leota (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank