- Possesses an NFL arm. Gets the ball from one hash to the opposite sideline in a hurry. Has the zip to hit tight windows on short and intermediate throws.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Inconsistent downfield passer and puts too much air under his throws.
- Slight frame with limited room for additional growth. Possesses an average arm that forces him to wind up to drive the ball longer than 15 yards.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
- Sails throws to either sideline; receivers make him look good with acrobatic catches. Back-foot throws are not accurate. Sometimes trusts his arm too much, trying to stick passes late in the play or when off-balance.
How other scouting services rate JT Daniels (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank