Draft Profile: BioJT Daniels from Mater Dei High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Daniels opted to join USC.
In 2018 as a freshman Daniels saw action in 11 games for the Trojans as he threw for 2667 yards on 364 attempts with a completion percent of 59.3 for an average of 7.3 yards per pass, with 14 TDs, while taking 25 sacks, and a QB rating of 83.4.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in one game as he passed for 215 yards on 34 attempts with a completion percent of 73.5 for an average of 6.3 yards per pass, with one TD, while also taking one sack, and putting up a QB rating of 87.3.
After season's end Daniels transfered to Georgia where a junior in 2020 Daniels played in a total of 4 games. He passed for 1231 yards on 119 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 67.2 for an average of 10.3 yards per attept, with 10 TDs, and allowing 9 sacks, with a QB rating on the year of 122.2.
In 2021 as a senior Daniels saw action in 5 games as he threw for 712 yards on 95 attempts with a completion percent of 71.6 for an average of 7.5 yards per pass, with 7 TDs, while taking 2 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 104.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Flashes good accuracy to all levels of the field and has the arm strength to make every requisite NFL throw.
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- Sprays the ball anywhere on the field, especially when given a pocket from which to deliver. Will step up into pocket while looking downfield, reset his feet and deliver.
- Possesses a strong right arm and is capable of making every NFL throw easily. Can drive the deep out to the sideline from the opposite hash and has no problem threading the needle between closing defenders. Easily zips to all areas of the field, demonstrating very good touch on underneath routes to running backs and receivers, as well as down the sideline on deep passes.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate JT Daniels (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank