Draft Profile: BioJT Daniels from Mater Dei High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Daniels opted to join USC.
In 2018 as a freshman Daniels saw action in 11 games for the Trojans as he threw for 2667 yards on 364 attempts with a completion percent of 59.3 for an average of 7.3 yards per pass, with 14 TDs, while taking 25 sacks, and QB rating of 83.4.
In 2019 as a sophomore he played in just one game as he passed for only 215 yards on 34 attempts with a completion percent of 73.5 for an average of 6.3 yards per pass, with only one TD, while also taking one sack, and putting up QB rating of 87.3.
After season's end Daniels transferred to Georgia where as a junior in 2020 Daniels played a total of 4 games. He passed for 1231 yards on 119 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 67.2 for an average of 10.3 yards per attempt, with 10 TDs, and allowing 9 sacks, with an elite QB rating on the year of 122.2.
In 2021 as a senior Daniels saw action in 5 games as he threw for 712 yards on 95 attempts with a completion percent of 71.6 for an average of 7.5 yards per pass, with only 7 TDs, while taking 2 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 104.4.
After season's end Daniels transferred to West Virginia where as a fifth year senior Daniels saw action in 10 games as he threw for 2107 yards on 327 attempts with a completion percent of 61.2 for an average of 6.4 yards per pass, with 13 TDs, while taking 17 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 81.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Enough arm strength to drive the ball through tight windows up to 20 yards downfield. Spreads the ball around to multiple receivers.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Most of the time Daniels is at ease mentally in the pocket, and he’s willing to stand in and absorb hits while making a throw.
- Ball placement at short and intermediate levels is a strength. Daniels moved quickly through progressions when asked to.
- Physically, he is a natural athlete who plays with the balance and light feet to float in the pocket.
- Daniels has good arm talent, and it could get better as he polishes his mechanics and footwork.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s going to have a tough time with full-field reads. Accuracy’s an issue when throwing into tight windows.
- Daniels often fails to set his feet; his stride is extremely inconsistent, leading to constant accuracy problems.
- He’s clearly more effective when on the move, and many of his reads were half-field.
JT Daniels percentiles vs other Quarterback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate JT Daniels (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank