Draft Profile: BioKJ Jefferson from North Panola High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Jefferson opted to join Arkansas.
In 2019 as a freshman Jefferson saw action in just 3 games for the Razorbacks as he threw for only 197 yards on 31 attempts with a completion percent of 45.2 for an average of 6.4 yards per pass, with no TDs, while taking 5 sacks, and only QB rating of 52.8. He added 25 runs for a total of 103 yards at an average of 4.1 per run.
In 2020 as a sophomore he played in 4 games as he passed for only 299 yards on 41 attempts with a completion percent of 48.8 for an average of 7.3 yards per pass, with only 3 TDs, while also taking 4 sacks, and putting up QB rating of 97.5.
As a junior in 2021 Jefferson played a total of 13 games. He passed for 2666 yards on 295 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 66.8 for an average of 9.0 yards per attempt, with 21 TDs, and allowing 27 sacks, with QB rating on the year of 113.5. As a runner he logged 125 runs for a total of 803 yards at an average of 6.4 per run.
In 2022 as a senior Jefferson saw action in 10 games as he threw for 2367 yards on 273 attempts with a completion percent of 67.8 for an average of 8.7 yards per pass, with 22 TDs, while taking 24 sacks, and totaling a QB rating of 115.4. He added 124 runs for a total of 647 yards at an average of 5.2 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- The deep ball is a strength for him. Jefferson can get it there, and Jefferson does a nice job dropping deep throws in with proper touch down the sideline.
- Good accuracy overall, including excellent accuracy on short timing routes to backs and receivers, placing the ball slightly in front to lead receivers to potential yardage after the catch.
- He plays with a confident demeanor and has the athleticism to move out of the pocket and create plays out of structure.
- He’s a pure athlete, loose-limbed and flexible. He has the speed to pick up yardage in scramble situations.
- He shows very nice touch on deep balls, as well as the ability to anticipate windows and fit in tight throws with good velocity.
- Jefferson is enough of a threat as a runner to earn respect from back-side defenders at the next level, opening opportunities for running backs.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Jefferson will have to prove Jefferson can handle an expanded, multi-progression NFL offense.
- Jefferson has a bad habit of fading and throwing off his back foot when the pocket gets muddled, and he is too often all arm when throwing on the move, sacrificing accuracy.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
How other scouting services rate KJ Jefferson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank