Draft Profile: BioKJ Jefferson from null High School was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a rating of 0.890. After high school, Jefferson opted to join Arkansas.
In 2019 as a freshman Jefferson saw action in just 3 games for the Razorbacks as he threw for only 197 yards on 31 attempts with a completion percent of 45.2 for an average of 6.4 yards per pass, with no TDs, while taking 5 sacks, and only QB rating of 52.8. He added 25 runs for a total of 103 yards at an average of 4.1 per run.
In 2020 as a sophomore he played in 4 games as he passed for only 299 yards on 41 attempts with a completion percent of 48.8 for an average of 7.3 yards per pass, with only 3 TDs, while also taking 4 sacks, and putting up an impressive QB rating of 97.5.
As a junior in 2021 Jefferson played a total of 13 games. He passed for an impressive 2666 yards on 295 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 66.8 for an average of 9.0 yards per attempt, with an impressive 21 TDs, and allowing 27 sacks, with an impressive QB rating on the year of 113.5. As a runner he logged 125 runs for a total of 803 yards at an average of 6.4 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Jefferson has a quick release and shows good accuracy on shorter throws when on the move to either side.
- He shows very nice touch on deep balls, as well as the ability to anticipate windows and fit in tight throws with good velocity.
- Picks up yards with his legs when needed.
- Ball placement is a strength. He has the natural instincts to make plays when forced to improvise.
- He is built like a linebacker, and Jefferson possesses the athleticism to create big plays out of structure. His legs did a lot of the work at college, and he’s capable of ripping off big runs.
- He’s a pure athlete, loose-limbed and flexible. Jefferson has the speed to pick up yardage in scramble situations.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Jefferson often fails to set his feet; his stride is extremely inconsistent, leading to constant accuracy problems.
- Has struggled with his decision-making and needs to improve his pre-snap recognition skills to read defenses and see blitzes. Doesn't decipher information as quickly as you would like, but does see the entire field and understands coverage.
- Jefferson often plays out of control. His mechanics are sloppy, particularly his footwork, and his decision making is suspect.
How other scouting services rate KJ Jefferson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank