- Faces double-team and holds the line. Stays alive against the run and mobile quarterbacks, shedding to either side to chase.
- He wins with all-out hustle, second and third effort and will contribute in the NFL.
- Sacks and pressures are product of hustle. Gives effort on every play. Holds the point with length and strong upper body.
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Scott Patchan (Overall Rank)