- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Not the biggest, strongest or fastest but does enough with preparation and instincts to get a look. Not big or tenacious as a blocker in the passing game.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Not the most instinctive runner and too often tries for the big play, dancing and losing yards. Lacks the natural power to push the pile and feels more comfortable avoiding contact.
- Does not always show a burst in the box, anticipates contact. Can get I turned easily on draws and inside isolation plays, shuffling and failing to restart momentum. Power in his cuts has been inconsistent. Tripped upon first contact.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
How other scouting services rate Shane Simpson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank