Draft Profile: BioTrey Palmer from Kentwood High High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Palmer opted to join LSU.
In 2019 as a freshman Palmer saw action in 6 games for the Tigers as he made one reception for 6 yards for an average of 6.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 39.6.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 8 games and had 10 catches for 108 yards for an average of 10.8 yards per catch, with no TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 93.8.
As a junior in 2021 he played in 11 games and hauled in 30 catches for 344 yards for an average of 11.5 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 85.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A slippery runner with elusive footwork. Has little to no wasted movements between the reception and burst upfield.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and burst.
- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Combines speed, balance, quickness, vision and crisp cuts to leave defensive backs and linebackers in the dust.
- Has smooth acceleration and deceiving speed. Balanced and very fast with the ball in his hands.
- He gets off the line with a nice burst and is very fluid in his movements with little wasted steps in his routes.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
How other scouting services rate Trey Palmer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank