Draft Profile: BioTrey Palmer from Kentwood High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Palmer opted to join LSU.
In 2019 as a freshman Palmer saw action in 6 games for the Tigers as he made one reception for only 6 yards for an average of 6.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 39.6.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 8 games and had only 10 catches for 108 yards for an average of 10.8 yards per catch, with no TDs, and an impressive QB rating when targeted of 93.8.
As a junior in 2021 he played 11 games and hauled in a decent 30 catches for a decent 344 yards for an average of 11.5 yards per catch, with 3 TDs, and a decent QB rating when targeted of 85.8.
After the end of the season Palmer transferred to Nebraska where as a senior in 2022 he played 12 games and had an elite 71 catches for an elite 1043 yards for an average of 14.7 yards per catch, 9 TDs, and an impressive QB rating when targeted of 103.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Palmer tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- He shows suddenness off the line of scrimmage and accelerates quickly, and his top-end speed is among the best in this draft.
- Palmer plays with a smoothness and balance, and Palmer shows a knack for setting up defensive backs.
- Displays deep speed - Louisiana state champion in the 200-meter dash all four years of high school
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- In consistent catcher - will need to improve concentration.
- Route running is only average
- He seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Palmer doesn’t always make the effort to create separation.
Scouting Report: SummaryWR Trey Palmer of @HuskerFBNation showed impressive speed on a tight throw from Malik Cunningham on a corner route. He registered the fastest Senior Bowl speed thus far this week - 21.15 mph.
Trey Palmer percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Trey Palmer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank