- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has fluid body control with loose hips. Physical and tough with good effort in the run game. Plays with a finishing attitude with an aggressive, nasty temperament.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection becaus~ he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Has only average measurable with limited arm length and no overpowering qualities.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
Tyler Vrabel percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tyler Vrabel (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank