Draft Profile: BioAli Gaye from Edmonds Woodway High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Gaye joined LSU.
In 2020 as a freshman Gaye saw action in 10 games and played a total of 585 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 24 tackles, 9 assists, while adding 20 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 38 total pressures, which included 27 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 4 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2021 Gaye played in 4 games and took part in 199 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 12 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 20 total pressures, and 16 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 3 sacks during the year.
In 2022 as a junior Gaye played in 13 games and contributed on 533 snaps. He recorded 24 tackles, 9 assists while making 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 18 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, 4 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gaye has long arms and displays good power in his hands, which gives him the ability to slip off blocks. As a run defender, Gaye has the speed to chase down ball carriers in pursuit.
- With a powerful lower body and the ability to hold up at the point of attack as a run defender, he is remarkably instinctive.
- He has the classic frame and long arms with some explosion, power and ability to close.
- He has quickness in his hands and uses his length effectively.
- Gaye can win on the edge in a number of ways. He’s a natural knee bender with the powerful lower body to drive blockers back with the bull rush.
- With his combination of length and flexibility, he can bend and turn the corner around the edge, and he has the closing speed to finish the job.
- He’s very instinctive when it comes to countering and solid with overall hand usage.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Gaye lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. Gaye lacks elite twitch as a pass rusher
- Plays high and with poor balance and power. He’ll lose ground at the point of attack, and Gaye doesn’t get the full benefit of his length.
- Plays tall and gets upright off the snap. Wins with upper-body strength and needs to focus on leverage.
Ali Gaye percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Ali Gaye (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank