- Very aggressive attacking receiver blocks and tackles like a safety.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
How other scouting services rate Avery Young (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank