- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Not a quick-twitch player. Won't consistently threaten the edge. Few explosive qualities and lacks great initial burst or overall range for the position.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Not overly flexible or loose. Limited, predictable pass-rush arsenal. Struggles to locate the ball at times and needs to do a better job with his read-and-react skills.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
How other scouting services rate Byron Young (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank