Draft Profile: BioClark Barrington from University High High School was rated a 2-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 2-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Barrington opted to join BYU.
In 2019 as a freshman Barrington saw action in 8 games and played a total of 351 snaps for the Cougars. He allowed just 2 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing the majority of his snaps at left guard, and the rest at right guard.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 10 games and a total of 565 snaps. He conceded an impressive 6 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing at left guard.
In 2021 as a junior Barrington saw action in 13 games and totaled 876 snaps. He gave up 10 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack while playing at left guard.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- When his hand placement is right, Barrington has the strong grip that allows him to manhandle opponents. Barrington plays with a mean streak and keeps the nastiness going through the whistle.
- A smooth mover and covers a lot of ground, working hard to mirror rushers; agile and keeps his feet moving.
- Technician as a pass protector, playing with a wide base and very good balance. He has heavy hands, but more impressively, he is consistent with his kick slide and shows impressive lateral movement.
- Fires out of his stance with a good pad level, consistently winning at the point of attack.
- In the run game, he comes off the snap quickly and is excellent with hand placement. Barrington understands angles, and he displays impressive footwork in moving to the second level, usually getting in position to deliver blocks.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s a bit underpowered the more Barrington has to move in the run game, better in a phone booth than out in space.
- As a pass protector, he gets caught reaching and lunging when matched up against quickness.
- While he’s solid as an athlete, he’s more comfortable moving forward as a run blocker than setting in pass protection, as he too often relies solely on his initial punch to stand up pass rushers instead of moving his feet.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
How other scouting services rate Clark Barrington (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank