- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- Good initial quickness to seal defenders, with powerful hands to jar with an initial punch. Flashes a mean streak and enjoys the physicality of the game.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Finesse blocker with average arm length who doesn't use his hands well to win at the point of attack.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Needs to prove his worth in a straight-ahead running game.
James Empey percentiles vs other Center's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate James Empey (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank