Draft Profile: BioElijah Jones attended Cardinal Hayes High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.861, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Jones opted to join Boston College.
In 2018 as a freshman Jones saw action in 4 games and played a total of 87 snaps at cornerback for the Eagles. He recorded only 6 tackles, no assists, while adding 2 stops. In coverage Jones notched up 3 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of 75.2.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and logged 365 snaps for the Eagles. He made 20 tackles, 2 assists, and had 5 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 103.2.
In 2020 as a junior Jones played in 10 games and contributed on 447 snaps. He chalked up 31 tackles, 3 assists, and added 5 stops. In the secondary Jones forced 5 pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 83.6.
In 2021 as a senior Jones saw action in 12 games while playing 667 snaps. He logged 28 tackles, 3 assists, and made 7 stops. In coverage Jones had 4 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 109.0.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Jones saw action in 11 games while playing 628 snaps. He logged 35 tackles, 2 assists, and made 9 stops. In coverage Jones had 11 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 86.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Instinctive, adept at reading routes and anticipating throws, and strong in zone coverage.
- He’s also very good in zone coverage, showing a great understanding of routes and the ability to close quickly.
- Jones has the straight-line speed to recover. His ball skills are tremendous, with good hands and the potential to take it to the house any time Jones gets his hands on the ball.
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- Needs to do a better job of wrapping up, both in run support and in tackling after the catch. Jones looks to deliver big hits but ends up slipping off too many tackles.
- NFL teams are going to test him deep early on, and he’ll also be prone to flags since he’s grabby downfield.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
Elijah Jones percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Elijah Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank