Draft Profile: BioEli Ricks attended IMG Academy High School and was rated a 5-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.993, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Ricks opted to join LSU after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Ricks saw action in 10 games and played a total of 482 snaps at Cornerback for the Tigers. He recorded 19 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Ricks notched up 4 pass breakups, 4 interceptions, and an impressive QB rating when targetted of 60.3.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 6 games and logged 351 snaps for the Tigers. He made just 9 tackles, 2 assists, and had 2 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass breakup, one interception, and a decent QB rating when targetted of 84.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Explodes out of his backpedal and has the hands and coordination to force interceptions.
- A very quick and very confident cover corner plays bigger than his listed size when lined up in press coverage, delivering quick, surprisingly powerful punches and using his natural quickness and change-of-direction ability to mirror on underneath routes.
- Ricks tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
- Effective out of the slot, showing the instincts and quickness to mirror when the receiver has a two-way go. He has good instincts and awareness when playing off, showing good route recognition and anticipation when breaking on the ball.
- Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath.
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Ricks has solid ball skills.
- His ball skills are very good. Ricks tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when he isn’t targeted often.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Gave up far too many big plays in college, especially concerning since Ricks has recovery speed to make up for missteps.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Ricks is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage.
How other scouting services rate Eli Ricks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank