- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Has good ball skills to locate and attack the ball in the air.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Joey Porter Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank