Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 1 - Pick Number: 26 (CLE)
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
How other scouting services rate Greg Newsome II (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank