Draft Profile: BioMcKinnley Jackson from George County High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Jackson opted to join Texas A&M.
In 2020 as a freshman Jackson saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 246 snaps for the Aggies. He recorded 4 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 2 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 14 total pressures, which included 5 QB hurries, 7 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Aggies in 2021 Jackson played in 10 games and took part on 326 snaps for the Aggies. He recorded 9 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 8 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 13 total pressures, and 12 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack during the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s extremely thick through the lower body, and Jackson uses his natural leverage to win at the point of attack, often requiring a double team.
- Jackson has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
- Quick footed with rare burst for his size. Very good quickness off the snap to split defenders and penetrate the pocket.
- High-effort, thickly built defender with good strength and the leverage to create a pile. Locates_ the ball quickly and pursues with passion, showing_ good lateral agility while extending the play to the sideline.
- Jackson shows impressive burst and enough quickness to occasionally threaten the edge as a pass rusher.
- Quick off the snap in the pass rush, he has violent hands and a good feel for working inside counter moves.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Short arms could lead to problems against NFL-caliber offensive linemen with longer arms able to get into his chest.
- He’s stiff as an athlete, as Jackson lacks the flexibility to truly threaten the edge.
- Jackson also shows some stiffness when trying to bend the edge, often getting pushed past the pocket — he seems more comfortable countering back inside.
How other scouting services rate McKinnley Jackson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank