Draft Profile: BioSiaki Ika from East High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Ika joined LSU after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Ika saw action in 13 games and played a total of 246 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded 14 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 3 total pressures, which included no QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Tigers in 2020 Ika played in 3 games and took part in 75 snaps for the Tigers. He recorded just 3 tackles, no assists, while adding 4 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 5 total pressures, and one QB hurry, 3 QB hits, and one sack during the year.
After season's end Ika transferred to Baylor where as a junior for the Bears in 2021 Ika played in 13 games and played 505 snaps for the Bears. He recorded 16 tackles, 4 assists while making 18 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 33 total pressures, which included 24 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and a solid 6 sacks on the year.
In 2022 as a senior Ika logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 416 snaps for the Bears. He also added 20 tackles, 4 assists, and 13 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 18 total pressures, which included 15 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Ika has heavy hands and uses them aggressively, rocking offensive linemen back. He shows the ability to disengage and out-grapple blockers in a phone booth.
- Despite a bowling-ball build, Ika has good feet and agility, capable of working laterally down the line of scrimmage in pursuit.
- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- A high-motor pass rusher, Ika has a compact but wide frame and long arms.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three-technique.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Ika doesn’t have a lot of suddenness to his game, and Ika won’t wreck plays on a regular basis.
- Doesn't play fundamentally sound and lacks much technique in his repertoire.
- Ika is a bit underpowered, often playing too high and struggling to hold the point of attack against double teams.
How other scouting services rate Siaki Ika (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank