Draft Profile: BioDJ Dale from Clay-Chalkville High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Dale opted to join Alabama.
In 2019 as a freshman Dale saw action in 10 games and played on a total of 349 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded 13 tackles, 4 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 7 total pressures, which included 6 QB hurries, no QB hits, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Crimson Tide in 2020 Dale played in 13 games and took part on 383 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He recorded 14 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 7 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 4 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Dale played in 13 games and contributed on 360 snaps. He recorded 13 tackles, 3 assists, while making 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 5 total pressures, which included 3 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate DJ Dale (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank