- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Lower than offensive lineman on every short-yardage play. Good agility and ability to change direction for his size.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Good strength, though his marginal arm length limits his ability to grab hold of ballcarriers as they run by.
- Lacks closing speed and inconsistent quickness off the snap prevents him from being an elite pass rusher.
How other scouting services rate DJ Dale (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank