- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
How other scouting services rate Thayer Munford (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank