Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 130 (JAX)
Draft Profile: BioTyler Lacy from Sachse High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Lacy joined Oklahoma State.
In 2019 as a freshman Lacy saw action in 10 games and played a total of 464 snaps for the Cowboys. He recorded 14 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 10 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 12 total pressures, which included 8 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the season.
As a sophomore for the Cowboys in 2020 Lacy played in 11 games and took part in 471 snaps for the Cowboys. He recorded 23 tackles, 8 assists, while adding 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 22 total pressures, and 13 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 4 sacks during the year.
In 2021 as a junior Lacy played in 14 games and contributed on 636 snaps. He recorded 24 tackles, 5 assists while making 22 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 37 total pressures, which included 24 QB hurries, 10 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the year.
In 2022 as a senior Lacy logged playing time in 9 games and logged a total of 451 snaps for the Cowboys. He also added 14 tackles, 13 assists, and 14 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 17 total pressures, which included 9 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Lacy has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
- Flashes upper-body strength to rip and has the punch to push through interior linemen on stunts and twists.
- Excellent hustle-and-chase tackler. Good closing speed with change of direction to corral mobile quarterbacks.
- Despite his relatively tall frame, Lacy typically plays with a low enough pad level and natural power to push the pocket with the bull rush.
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- Lacy has a wide base and a low center of gravity to hold his ground, as well as the upper-body strength to shed blockers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While Lacy moves well laterally, he doesn’t always get there in pursuit.
- His pass rush moves need refinement, and he doesn’t have a lot of range in coverage.
- He’s stiff as an athlete, as he lacks the flexibility to truly threaten the edge.
Tyler Lacy percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tyler Lacy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank