- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Limits ability to mirror by leaning forward with his upper body and neglecting his lower body. Not strong enough and remains rough around the edges.
- He's athletic and a pure left tackle whose high-hipped frame and waist bending might be exposed against pro pass rushers.
- Not a natural knee-bender and gets too upright. Needs to play with better leverage and stay balanced through contact.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
How other scouting services rate Zachary Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank