- Has good straight-line speed with quick acceleration and a second gear downfield. Has a good-sized frame to add some bulk and get stronger.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- A strong, compact runner with a thick lower half. Virtually lives in the weight room. A coordinated athlete who runs close to the ground with low pad level, quick feet and smooth acceleration.
- Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
How other scouting services rate CJ Verdell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank