Draft Profile: BioDemani Richardson from Waxahachie High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Richardson opted to join Texas A&M after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Richardson saw action in 12 games and played a total of 586 snaps at safety for the Aggies. He recorded decent 57 tackles, 17 assists, while adding 22 stops. In coverage Richardson notched up 4 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 113.7. He added 6 total pressures, and no sacks on the season.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 8 games and logged 406 snaps for the Aggies. He made 32 tackles, 4 assists, and had 9 stops. In coverage he totaled one pass breakup, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 81.8.
In 2021 as a junior Richardson played in 12 games and contributed on 776 snaps. He chalked up decent 54 tackles, 13 assists, and added 20 stops. In the secondary Richardson forced one pass breakup, one interception, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 105.5. He also logged 7 total pressures, and 2 sacks on the year
In 2022 as a senior Richardson saw action in 12 games while playing 782 snaps. He logged decent 60 tackles, 15 assists, and made 29 stops. In coverage Richardson had no pass breakups, one interception, and surrendered QB rating when targetted of 78.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Does a good job getting his head around in time when playing with his back to the line of scrimmage. Has the ability to cover quickness underneath.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Tracks the ball well and has the natural ball skills for forcing turnovers.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Tends to play conservatively and give too much cushion when playing off.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Feet aren’t ideal, as Richardson gets sloppy in his backpedal and can be sluggish when transitioning to close on the ball.
Demani Richardson percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Demani Richardson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank