- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
How other scouting services rate Eric Gray (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank