Draft Profile: BioWide receiver Jaivon Heiligh was a high school standout as he totaled a Florida high school state record 252 career receptions he also ranked second with 3,964 career receiving yards and 53 career receiving touchdowns. He was rated a three-star recruit by 247Sports.com and ended up runner-up to teammate Bryce Carpenter as the Florida 7A Player of the Year. He joined Coastal Carolina ready for the 2018 season.
After playing sparingly as a freshman in 2018 Heiligh saw action in all 12 games in 2019, starting 10 and led the team in receptions with 46 and receiving yards with 497, and added 3 receiving TDS.
As a junior in 2020, he was named to the All-Sun Belt first team after making 65 catches and 998 YDs along with 10 TDs and an outstanding 136.4 QB rating when targeted on the year.
Heiligh finally broke the 1000-yard barrier as a senior, chalking up 66 receptions, 1128 YDs, and 7 TDs as well as putting up a QB rating when targeted on the year of 123.3. At the end of the season, he received an array of accolades as he was awarded with a Phil Steele All-American Honorable Mention, an All-Sun Belt First Team (Wide Receiver) spot, a 2021 All-Sun Belt Third Team (Return Specialist) spot, and a PFF College Football All-Sun Belt First Team (Wide Receiver) spot.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has a knack for getting open and a an excellent instinct for exposing gaps in zone coverage.
- Has outstanding length and a good catch radius - who displays the ability to make easy work of poorly thrown passes
- Is a natural route runner with excellent timing who makes sharp cuts and manages to disguise them effectively from DB's
- Not afraid to get involved as a blocker in the running game
- A very productive college player who was the predominate threat - chalking up 2,100 yards and 17 TD’s his last two seasons
- Tracks the ball well on deep routes - happy-making catches over his head
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Has the versatility to play both out wide and in the slot
- Has elite balance tight-roping the sideline and in-and-out of his breaks, showing excellent start-stop ability and a decent burst.
- Very quick and elusive, excellent change of direction and surprising acceleration
- Fluid athlete with outstanding hip flexibility - enables him to cut on a dime
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- While 200 lbs doesn't seem small for WR - he looks skinny and could well struggle to go up against NFL outside corners in press coverage
- Is more quick than fast - illustrated by a disappointing 4.63 at his pro day. Likely he'll be unable to get deep separation at the next level and may be limited to an intermediate-range receiver
- Isn't always confident going over the middle - sometimes looks hesitant expecting a big hit
- He despite being a willing blocker is regularly overpowered outside in the run game
- Could be more aggressive when fighting for the ball - too often bullied by DBs
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
Scouting Report: SummaryHeiligh’s length, hands, and very productive college career make him an intriguing pro prospect. He has the versatility to play both in the slot and outside (although will probably be looked at as more of an inside pro player) and impressive route running skills combined with an excellent instinct for the nuances of the game. Heiligh however is a slight frame and can easily be outmuscled by bigger and stronger corners, and importantly for a smaller player does not possess the speed to compensate - which significantly reduces his pro upside.
Heiligh's draft stock will be limited by his average measurables - and thus will be looked at as a backup/third-down receiver at the pro level. Expect him to be selected anywhere from the fifth round to the seventh round in the 2022 NFL Draft.
How other scouting services rate Jaivon Heiligh (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank