- Looks to get involved downfield and will block multiple defenders on a single play when he can. Understands his role as a blocker.
- Gets a quick release off the line. Dips his shoulder and shows some savvy 8 as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders g to get into his route.
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Has good hand-eye coordination and body control to turn and adjust to poorly thrown balls.
- Good vision to set up blocks and while he isn't quick enough to elude in tight quarters, and take advantage of a defender leaning to spring for additional yardage.
- Has smooth body control, reliable hands and natural ball skills to adjust to off-target throws and make impressive catch.
- Has extremely good, soft, natural hands. Consistently makes the clean catch.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
How other scouting services rate Jake Ferguson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank