- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Good short-area foot quickness with very good footwork.
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- Varies the speed of his route, using hesitation and shoulder fakes to get the defender guessing.
- Above-average acceleration for a big man.
- A coordinated athlete and tough player to tackle, running with low pad level. Has good body thickness and strength.
- Has a strong, athletic frame with room for an additional 10 pounds of muscle mass.
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
- Struggles tracking the ball over his shoulder.
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
How other scouting services rate Jake Ferguson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank