- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Has the pursuit skills to stay in the action. Anticipates the snap. Country strong and very physical; seeks contact.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
- Has the initial burst off the snap but only phone-booth quickness overall and doesn't make as many plays behind the line of scrimmage as his ability to penetrate would indicate.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
How other scouting services rate Joshua Paschal (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank