- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Has a quick burst off the line and times the snap well. Good upper-body strength and length to lock-out his opponent and at least moderate lateral agility to slide inside or spill out to contain.
- Lacks overpowering strength and can stick to blocks. Lacks explosive speed to bend and flatten off the corner with stiff hips and ankles. Not flexible or fluid.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Uncreative pass rusher who lacks counter moves. Raw technique. Streaky and slow to react.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
- Has the initial burst off the snap but only phone-booth quickness overall and doesn't make as many plays behind the line of scrimmage as his ability to penetrate would indicate.
How other scouting services rate Josh Paschal (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank