- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Lacks the timed speed to mirror and maintain contact downfield. Loses the ball on slow-developing plays and has a tendency to reach and grab when he gets antsy.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
How other scouting services rate Sheridan Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank