Draft Profile: BioTravis Dye from Norco High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Dye opted to join Oregon.
In 2018 as a freshman Dye saw action in 13 games for the Ducks as he ran for 734 yards on 140 attempts for an average of 5.2 yards per carry, with 4 TDs, and 2 fumbles. As a receiver he made 12 receptions for 69 yards.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 14 games. and rushed for 655 yards on 106 carries for an average of 6.2 ypc, with no TDs, and 2 fumbles. In the passing game he pulled in 16 receptions for 159 yards.
In 2020 as a junior Dye saw action in 7 games for the Ducks. He ran for 443 yards on 64 attempts for an average of 6.9 ypc, with one TD, and 2 fumbles. As a receiver he made 9 receptions for 239 yards.
As a senior in 2021 he played in 14 games and ran for 1263 yards on 210 carries for an average of 6.0 ypc, with 16 TDs, and 3 fumbles. In the passing game he had 47 receptions for 398 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
How other scouting services rate Travis Dye (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank