Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 158 (SEA)
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- Has fluid footwork to redirect, reverse momentum and close with a burst. Regularly first off the ball with good snap anticipation.
- Good not great quickness and change of direction agility. Chases, using a long spin move to clear blocks. Low, strong off the line.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Lean lower body - must improve core and leg strength. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Rarely the first player off the snap, even when lined up over the ball, but his length, effort and short-area quickness still pressures double teams and helps penetrate gaps.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
How other scouting services rate Tyreke Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank