- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
How other scouting services rate Akayleb Evans (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank