- Combines strength and footwork to fill holes inside, as well. Recovers from cut blocks or falling on his way to make a tackle.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Quarterbacks and ballcarriers feel his strength when he plants them in the backfield.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- He struggles with leverage off the snap and plays too tall, limiting his effectiveness as a pass rusher.
- Plays upright and struggles with leverage. Too often stonewalled at the line and doesn't show the hand strength or technique to shed or redirect blockers.
- Plays too high at times, and gets carried downfield or put to the ground by better lineman when losing the leverage battle.
- Doesn't play fundamentally sound and lacks much technique in his repertoire.
How other scouting services rate Elijah Garcia (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank