- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Not a burner or consistent vertical threat. Has a lanky frame and will be overmatched physically by most cornerbacks in the NFL. Needs to be more competitive in tight coverage.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Needs to refine his routes and become a better all-around receiver. Has some ball security concerns. Durability concerns because of his size.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
How other scouting services rate Tay Martin (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank