Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 3 - Pick Number: 85 (GB)
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Unpolished route runner and does a poor job selling routes, lacking much burst in and out of his breaks. Isn't the most natural pass catcher.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
How other scouting services rate Amari Rodgers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank