Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 139 (CIN)
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Limits ability to mirror by leaning forward with his upper body and neglecting his lower body. Not strong enough and remains rough around the edges.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Finesse blocker with average arm length who doesn't use his hands well to win at the point of attack.
How other scouting services rate D'Ante Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank