Signed as an undrafted free agent by Pittsburgh Steelers
- Possesses a long, lean build and looks the part of an NFL safety. Highly aggressive coming up in run support, showing the burst to zip through gaps and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Reads and deciphers quickly, reacting in a flash with a nose for the ball. Jumps routes and drives fast on plays in front of him.
- Often asked to drop down and crowd the line, showing good feel for timing the snap and the ability to elude blockers in tight quarters.
- A downhill defender whose shortcomings athletically are exposed in coverage. He is a much better player facing the action.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Has a lean, narrow frame and needs to get stronger.
- Has tight hips, plays stuff and struggles to turn and quickly change directions. Needs to be a more technically-sound tackler, often going for the knockout hit or forced fumble instead of wrapping up.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Donovan Stiner (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank