Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 187 (ATL)
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- Unpolished route runner and does a poor job selling routes, lacking much burst in and out of his breaks. Isn't the most natural pass catcher.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
How other scouting services rate Frank Darby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank