Drafted: 2021: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 259 (TB)
- Shows a burst to close. Flashes explosive hitting ability and good lateral and downfield pursuit.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Is a gifted athlete with an impressive frame and a lot of raw ability. He needs to get stronger to do more damage at the point of attack and is very unpolished with the mental aspect of the position. Streaky instincts and anticipation.
- Saught looking into the backfield occasionally instead of getting to the receiver in the flat. Leaves his feet at times while tackling, and NFL backs will take advantage of that.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
How other scouting services rate Grant Stuard (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank