Draft Profile: BioJaheim Bell from Valdosta High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Bell opted to join South Carolina.
In 2020 as a freshman Bell saw action in 4 games for the Gamecocks as he made one reception for only 29 yards for an average of 29.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 95.8.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games and had 30 catches for 488 yards for an average of 16.3 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 121.7.
As a junior in 2022 he played 12 games and hauled in 24 catches for 235 yards for an average of 9.8 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 110.6. As a pass blocker he gave up one pressure and no sacks.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a creative runner with good vision in the open field. While he won't be a dominant blocker due to his frame, he can still make contributions on the perimeter. He’s also a potential return specialist.
- Has the burst off the snap to be split out wide in the NFL.
- Assertive working up the seam, Bell accelerates quickly and glides once he gets going.
- Gets a quick release off the line, dips his shoulder and shows some savvy as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders to get into his route.
- He’s at his best facing the line of scrimmage, when he’s able to use his body to box out defenders. Bell runs well after the catch, and he’s willing to work as a blocker downfield despite his limitations.
- A fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; he should be able to create separation, and his speed, though not elite, is enough to threaten down the seam.
- Smoothly transitions from receiver to runner, demonstrating adequate speed to pose a threat along the seam.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Despite some contribution, he lacks the ideal abilities as a run blocker and doesn’t have a particularly violent run-after-catch style.
- His frame limits his potential as a dominant blocker. He can be bull-rushed.
- His playing speed, while adequate, is less than elite. May not outrun defenders at a professional level as he did in college.
How other scouting services rate Jaheim Bell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank