Draft Profile: BioJaheim Bell from Valdosta High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Bell opted to join South Carolina.
In 2020 as a freshman Bell saw action in 4 games for the Gamecocks as he made one reception for just 29 yards for an average of 29.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 95.8. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games and had a solid 30 catches for 488 yards for an average of 16.3 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 121.7. In pass protection he gave up no pressures and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up one pressure and no sacks.
As a junior in 2022 he played 12 games and hauled in a solid 24 catches for a solid 235 yards for an average of 9.8 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 110.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Bell combines good speed with his size, and Bell accelerates off the line better than most big receivers.
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. He has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
- He’s a precise route runner, creating separation when used on quick outs and stop patterns in college. Bell has good stop-start ability and lateral agility.
- When used downfield, he shows the ball-tracking skills and hand-eye coordination to make the adjustment on underthrown balls and back-shoulder throws.
- Quick feet and good balance to create separation on stick and post routes.
- Catches with his hands away from his frame. Strong hands to pull down the contested reception.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Essentially a muscled-up receiver in the passing game.
- His playing speed is less than elite. Bell won’t run past defenders like Bell did at the college level.
- His ability to track the ball is good enough, but he too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
How other scouting services rate Jaheim Bell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank