- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Jalen Catalon (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank