Signed as an undrafted free agent by San Francisco 49ers
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Has recovery speed to get back into plays. Reliable open-field tackler. Adds himself to piles and churns his legs to push back ballcarriers.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Has the combination of size and athleticism worthy of development.
- Easily washed out of plays and loses track of the ball. Runs around blocks and struggles to break away once blockers have a hold on him.
- Gets caught with the eyes in the backfield at times. Strong backs can run through his tackle attempts if he's not in position.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
How other scouting services rate Justin Hilliard (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank