Draft Profile: BioKobay White from Bishop McDevitt High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, White opted to join Boston College.
In 2018 as a freshman White saw action in 12 games for the Eagles as he made 33 receptions for 526 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per reception, with 3 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 89.8.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 13 games and had 29 catches for 460 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 89.7.
As a junior in 2021 he played 4 games and hauled in only one catch for only 25 yards for an average of 25.0 yards per catch, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 64.6.
After the end of the season White transferred to Maine where as a senior in 2022 he played 8 games and had 31 catches for 374 yards for an average of 12.1 yards per catch, one TD, and QB rating when targeted of 73.3.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- White is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but White has good football speed.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- White fights hard for the ball, but White too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- White isn’t going to make contested catches.
Kobay White percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kobay White (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank