Draft Profile: BioKobay White from Bishop McDevitt High High School was rated a 77 star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 77. Following high school, White opted to join Boston College.
In 2018 as a freshman White saw action in 12 games for the Eagles as he made 33 receptions for 526 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per reception, with 3 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 89.8.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and had 29 catches for 460 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 89.7.
As a junior in 2021 he played in 4 games and hauled in one catch for 25 yards for an average of 25.0 yards per catch, with no TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 64.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
How other scouting services rate Kobay White (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank