Draft Profile: BioKobay White from Bishop McDevitt High High School was rated a 77-star prospect by ESPN with a scout's rating of 77. After high school, White opted to join Boston College.
In 2018 as a freshman White saw action in 12 games for the Eagles as he made 33 receptions for a solid 526 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per reception, with 3 TDs, and a solid QB rating when targeted of 89.8.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 13 games and had a solid 29 catches for 460 yards for an average of 15.9 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and a solid QB rating when targeted of 89.7.
As a junior in 2021 he played 4 games and hauled in just one catch for just 25 yards for an average of 25.0 yards per catch, with no TDs, and a solid QB rating when targeted of 64.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- White is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but White has good football speed.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- White fights hard for the ball, but White too often fights to catch it; there are too many double catches on his highlight reel. It shows up in contested-catch situations in the red zone.
- He’ll have to develop a better feel for sitting down against zone coverage.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- White isn’t going to make contested catches.
How other scouting services rate Kobay White (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank