- Does a very good job of reading the eyes of the quarterback and reacting with good field awareness and ball skills.
- Is a bit of a cornerback-safety teener with only average size, speed, and length, but gets the most out of his ability and works hard to improve his game.
- Keeps the ball and man in front of him in zone and might be a candidate to convert to safety.
- Has a solid frame with a strong lower body and much improved bulk. Fluid and rangy with the coordination and loose hips to quickly change directions.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Too hands-on downfield and has suspect instincts.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- He is very disruptive at all levels of the field, and his versatile experience will be enticing, but a lot of teams will see more tweener traits than versatile ability.
- Not consistent with his footwork, is a bit choppy in transition and is slow to find the ball on deep routes.
How other scouting services rate Ky'el Hemby (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank