Draft Profile: BioMalcolm Greene attended Highland Springs High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.902, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Greene opted to join Clemson after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Greene saw action in 8 games and played a total of 194 snaps at Cornerback for the Tigers. He recorded 11 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Greene notched up 2 pass breakups, one interception, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 60.9.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 10 games and logged 177 snaps for the Tigers. He made 10 tackles, 3 assists, and had 2 stops. In coverage he totaled 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a very good QB rating when targetted of 69.4.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s excellent in run support, a physical hitter who could also get a look at safety
- Has the quick feet to mirror receivers underneath. Greene also has the fluid hips and top-end speed to turn and run downfield. Greene shows good awareness when dropping into zone coverage, with good route recognition and the ability to break quickly and cover a lot of ground.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Tracks the ball well and has the natural ball skills for forcing turnovers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Greene runs well, but Greene doesn’t have elite recovery speed.
- Might not be the kind of pure shutdown corner that the top prospects in this draft have the skill set to become, but offers scheme versatility and the ability to slide inside and cover the slot.
- Has good but not great recovery speed when working downfield, where he has trouble making plays on the ball.
- Isn’t great in route recognition when he’s facing the action, is hesitant and susceptible to double moves, and too often gets unnecessarily handsy when playing trail position
How other scouting services rate Malcolm Greene (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank