Draft Profile: BioMalcolm Greene from Highland Springs High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Greene opted to join Clemson after being heavily recruited.
In 2020 as a freshman Greene saw action in 8 games and played a total of 194 snaps at cornerback for the Tigers. He recorded 11 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Greene notched up 2 pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 60.9.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 10 games and logged 177 snaps for the Tigers. He made 10 tackles, 3 assists, and had 2 stops. In coverage he totaled 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 69.4.
In 2022 as a junior Greene played in 5 games and contributed on 101 snaps. He chalked up only 7 tackles, 2 assists, and added 4 stops. In the secondary Greene forced no pass breakups, one interception, and gave up an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 45.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Can track the ball downfield and gets his head around when playing in a trail position, and Greene shows excellent ball skills when breaking on a route. He’s a plus tackler in run support as well.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Has the change-of-direction ability to mirror underneath but did solid work out of press and off coverage.
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Willing and successful blitzing off the edge. Consideration for a move to safety with a combination of range and sure tackling.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Gets sloppy with his backpedal when playing off-man and seems to lack the instincts to close on the ball.
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Greene is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Lacks ideal size and frame with limited measureables and short arms that render him helpless against bigger receivers.
How other scouting services rate Malcolm Greene (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank