- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- He is aggressive in run support, with a physical mentality, but struggles to break down space and leaves production on the field.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Has suspect instincts in coverage and needs to show better pre snap recognition.
- Lacks the timed speed to mirror and maintain contact downfield. Loses the ball on slow-developing plays and has a tendency to reach and grab when he gets antsy.
- Has only average long speed and lacks the natural change-of-direction skills and vertical ability to play blanket man coverage. Lacks natural explosion to make up for false steps.
How other scouting services rate Scottie Young (Overall Rank)